Penguin and Tiny Shrimp want to visit your school or library!
I am booking for the 2018-19 school year now. I have two fun presentations incorporating my book, Penguin and Tiny Shrimp Don’t Do Bedtime! (Balzer+Bray/Harper Collins), illustrated by Charles Santoso. Here are some options for potential visits:
1. Readers Theater School Presentation
- Interactive read aloud “play” of the book for student participation
- I use a script! And assign parts! The whole student body participates as the chorus!
- We become Verb Detectives, learn how funny stories work and introduce kids to the arc of a story
- 45-50 minutes long
- All my presentations come with an educational guide that you can use and re-use in the classroom
2. Reading, Writing and Humor!
(uses Common Core and state requirements)
- Action! Become a Verb Detective
- Learn how funny stories work and some super sneaky Cate Berry tips to help you write your own funny story
- Find the “rainbow” or story arc of the story
3. Tell Me Your Dream Presentation!
- I love making something special for your school or classroom based on what you are studying.
- Let’s brainstorm!
*For availability and rates email Cate directly